Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Heat, thunderstorms, and rickety hands

The heat has come to Iowa. Along with its good Midwestern friend humidity and their other friends, the mosquitos. Hip hip hooray! It's been in the 90's and our window air conditioner is working its big behind off trying to keep up. Thankfully the front of the house stays cool, but the bedrooms have been a little uncomfortable. As a veteran window air conditioner user, I have an elaborate fan system set up, designed to move the cooler air towards the back of the house. I've only had a few fans set up, in the super hot weather I use at least four. It'sdefinitely time to break out the other two. Thunderstorms are a common occurance lately, but that's to be expected.

I've been busy the last few days, watching my brother in a golf tournament, and getting some really nice alone time. Can't beat that! My muscles have been a lot more sore and stiff lately, I've had a few more shake episodes, more close together. Wondering if this humidity is the culprit? My hands are not wanting to work very well so my yarn time has been limited. I have done some work on the flower bag, and yesterday was spent working on the star blankie. I am not nearly as motivated now that it takes me a little longer to get around those rows. The lace mil poncho is very neglected in my yarn basket. Poor thing, I just don't have the heart to frog and figure out where I am off. Soon, soon. I keep wanting to start some felted bags for my girls, but I am afraid to enter the too many ufo's trap. It would be nice to have some knitting to alternate with the crocheting, but then again I am guiltily remembering that poor poncho.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

and it is a trap, that's for sure! i'm trying to work my way back down to 3.
how in the world do you live without central air? yipes, not in Texas... no way