Monday, September 12, 2005

I have made

it through my first official day back at work, which was full of training. Things are kind of in chaos right now, you can imagine that setting this up in less than a week has been a little crazy for everyone. I start my official new shift tomorrow, Lord help the people in my bay. ;)

It's very sobering to go over the training for handling calls and to think of all the people we will be talking to to. We are getting lots of thanks for being involved in the "project" but I can't help but feel it's not totally right as we are getting paid for it. It's different than when I volunteered post 911 to handle calls for donations. Still, I really hope that we can help these people at least in a small way.

Things will be very different in the Blue household. I will be working an evening shift, and it will go from being home all the time, to me being home until afternoon, and Mr. Blue home in the evenings. It will be a switch for the kids. As well as for me. I was able to get home earlier tonight and it was good to enjoy a night home with them. Colin LOVES his new daycare, or "school" as he calls it. I am so happy. Hopefully this will keep up for him. I am so relieved to have found such great care for him.

No comments: