Thursday, January 06, 2005

The snow is here

and we are finally getting much more Iowa like winter weather, it's now below zero, we've had 9 inches of snow in two days, and are appropriately bundled up, shovels and ice scrapers at the ready whenever we have to leave the house.

I have finally finished the hat and scarf set, aside from the trim for it. WOOHOO. This homespun is so soft and turns out really beautifully. I am going to donate another set soon, although the homespun is a different color, lighter than what I've used.

I also need to work on my sisters' ponchos, although I am thinking I will need to frog and restart on of them as it will turn out HUGE if I don't. It's all a learning experience.

I have to work tonight, but I wish I could hole up in my warm house in comfy jammies and crochet the night away. Instead I will be serving drinks, chitty chatting, and ringing up tickets, yippee!

No comments: