Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Oh yes, I'm a yarn whore.

For so long I have used plain old ordinary yarns. Mainly Red Heart, acrylics and baby fingering. I did branch out once for some fun stuff, but that was it.

Until now. Ebay is such a beautiful thing, but sadly it is just feeding my addiction. I have bought some fun yarn there, the wool I am using for my bag, and recently some other yummy stuff. I have some gorgeous black yarn coming that I am hoping to make myself a poncho with. Some Sugar and Cream cotton yarn, in pumpkin and blue is in the mail as we speak, headed my way. I am not sure what I will use it for yet, but I LOVE the colors. When all of my yarn is here, I want to make a big pile of my stash and just roll around in it. The problem will be finding a time where my husband and kids are gone so they can't interrupt the fun. I suppose I would also have to keep the resulting projects all for myself, as it may creep someone out to have a purse made out of yarn I rolled around on.

I also have a $20 gift card for WalMart, I was looking at books, but I am thinking I will go and buy some more crochet hooks. As if I don't have enough, BUT I know I do not have every size. It's either that or one of those foot spas. I suppose it will all depend on how tired my feet are when I actually make it to WalMart.

One of the girls is home sick today, poor kiddo. :( She was pretty brokenhearted about having to stay home, while her sister went off to school. I'm hoping that this love for school will continue for a VERY long time, and rub off on her brothers as well. Taking the day off ended up being a very good thing. I do keep looking around my house at everything I should be doing and getting caught up on, but here I sit all comfy in my computer chair, my bag in front of me. Mr. Blue is still not back from the John Kerry rally. I made him take the digi cam, hopefully he was able to bring it in and get a pic. I'll need to live vicariously though him.

I worry that I am not very entertaining in this blog. I read other's blogs and am just sucked in and loving to read them. Mine seems very lame compared to them. Maybe the kids will do something funny for me to post about it. I'm sure it won't be long, life is always full of craziness here in Casa Blue.

No comments: