Monday, February 14, 2011

Almost finished with the hat for Laura!

This mishapen bit of knitting will be a hat if I can turn up any of my darning needles. I'm always buying extras but can never seem to find any when I really need one. Thinking maybe I should buy a a whole case of them.

When Laura and I were out shopping for her hippie outfit she found a hat she loved and I said "I could probably make one like that!" Usually I start these projects and then just never seem to finish them, but I am DETERMINED! The knitting is now done, I just need to sew it up. I am not sure whether I'd rather knit in the round and use dpn's or sew up the seams. At this point I'm leaning toward the dpn's.

In other news, I am reading a lovely book called The Beach Street Knitting Society and Yarn Club by Gil McNeil and I'm really, really liking it. I want to devour it, but at the same time I don't want it to end. I did find myself thinking that knitting while reading a book about knitting is a tad obsessive. I am also continuing to read Crazy, Sexy, Diet when I'm not reading the other book and am in Chapter 2 and learning about pH levels in food. I very much like the author's way of explaining things and she is pretty darn funny, so even though I am not normally big on diets or non-meat eating I highly recommend this. If she can potentially convert someone like me, others should find it even more enjoyable.

As I am not totally converted yet we'll be having a nice Valentine steak dinner (which will be chefed up as usual by the husband) and maybe I'll get crazy and do some chocolatey dessert. The author does recommend not starting the diet right before holidays or birthdays, and I fully agree!

Now, off on the quest for a darning needle and then hopefully a nap.

Happy Valentine's Day. :)



No comments: