Sunday, December 30, 2007

Not only are my husband and I getting old...

we are also big dorks. It started with my husband saying "You know, it's New Year's Eve tomorrow and we have no plans. How lame is that?" I agree, but I cut us a little slack for a few reasons. We have four children and things have been crazy and busy and we've been sick so it's been nice just being home. Also, New Year's Eve is also one of my sisters' birthdays and we usually spend it with her and our family. This is one of the few years we will not be celebrating with her as they stayed in California for the holidays this year. I have to admit I've been a little sad about that and really haven't made an effort to plan anything.

Also, we are getting older. We are not OLD people yet, but already in our early thirties we can't hang like we used to. Gone are the days of working, athleticism, and partying till the wee hours. I'm sure much of the tiredness can be attributed to my illness and how it affects both of us, along with working and having four children but it is still funny to realize how boring we've become.

That being said, here is a sad, sad story to show our lame dorky oldness. The boys got these really cool robots for Christmas and when each of us saw them on Christmas day we had the same reaction, we couldn't wait to chase the cats with them. We'd forgotten this until tonight when the husband said "Hey we haven't gotten the cats with those robots yet!" and both of us got up out of our chairs in excitement to do so. Sadly, we are so lame that the cat we tried it on wouldn't play. She merely glared at us with disdain.

Sigh.

No comments: