Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Koolaid dye yippee!

Sooo, I am trying my first batch of koolaid dying, and using the instructions from knitty.com:
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall02/FEATdyedwool.html

I'm using the wool I bought an ebay, that I had planned to felt, until I was reminded by a fellow crafty whore that it was superwash. I decided to go ahead and koolaid dye it and see what I can come up with. I picked up a ton of koolaid packets today, in strawberry, grape, cherry, and orange. I'm starting with the strawberry, using them microwave. My house smells like a strawberry koolaid packet now. I am doing skeins of it at once, hopefully that doesn't bite me in the ass later, for some silly reason.

And, of course, I should be working on the scarf I need to finish and other crochet projects AND the mountains of gifts I need to wrap AND cleaning my house. Sigh.

I will have to post pics of the yarn when it's done.

No comments: