Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Yay!!! Hooray!!!

I actually went out of my house! WOOOHOOO! I felt like what you'd imagine one of those dogs riding in a car with their head out of the window, tongue blowing in the wind MUST feel like.

My friend C picked me up and off we went to the yarn store! Susan's Yarn Garden. IT WAS GREAT! A good -sized store, with lots of yarns and projects and patterns and books and hooks and needles. I could've stayed for hours, but was trying to be fast as they stayed open a bit later for us. VERY nice. The couple, who I assumed were the owners were extremely friendly and helpful and the shop was comfortable and just nice. All yarny and nice. The yarn prices were good as well. All around a great experience and I expect to be going by there as often as I can. Which for now is when someone will take pity on me and offer me a ride. Or say yes when I volunteer them. C is a great friend because she does this, and took me to Starbucks and to LJS where we sweated our well everything off in the drive through. She is a brave soul.

It has been so HOT and HUMID here. It's crazy. My sister in Palm Springs called and you know it's bad when we're in the same temps, except she's lucky and has the dry desert heat. None of this smothering humidity. Really I shouldn't complain because I am convalescing in my air conditioned bedroom, but it is hot out. The kids keep telling me about it.

So I've started the bag for my godchild, she asked for a hot pink and black felted purse, her birthday is Friday and I am not sure I'll make it. I'm going to try though!

Pretty big day for me today, whew. I hadn't been out of the house since I came from the hospital. Big, big, exciting day. Next I get to look forward to going to visit my doctor. That will be fun!

No comments: