Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Obligatory New Year's Post

Surprisingly we ended up going out for New Year's and celebrating with some friends of ours at one of their houses. Kid-friendly, lots of food, and some imbibing-I had a bit of champagne at midnight-and games. The kids had fun and we played a game called Loaded Questions. My mom had given it to us for Christmas and it turned out to be really a lot of fun.

From my earlier post you know that we had been fairly lame in our New Year's celebration planning and I haven't been feeling well, so we were going to stay low-key. Instead we were invited out and went and ended up having a really good time and brought the New Year in with a bang. I tend to be a homebody, but it was good to get out and be with others.

The kids go back to school tomorrow, they are excited to see their friends but not to have to get up early in the morning and out into the cold right away.

My new dryer was SUPPOSED to be delivered in the morning, instead we had a message saying it was not in stock and will not be delivered until TUESDAY, but if they get it in earlier they will call. I was not happy about this at all as I have not had a working dryer for a few weeks now and air-dryed towels in a dry winter house are very scratchy. Plus the kids go back to school and will need regularly washed clothes as they can't wear shorts and pajamas out of the house in the freezing cold Iowa weather. And there are SIX of us in this house and that is a lot of laundry. I am suspicious that the person who sold it to me knew it might not be here in time to be delivered tomorrow by the time it took him to look it up on the computer system, but I will give him the benefit of the doubt when I call tomorrow.

The good side is that I did not have to hurry to finish cleaning the laundry room out tonight. Work is crazy busy right now, but there is a lot of good things happening. We're hitting the big time as the computers are getting updated, networks set up correctly, and my office is being spruced up to be painted and reorganized. At the moment it is bare and sanded and things are piled in various other rooms and I'm working from all sorts of places but I'll take it as things are getting DONE! I'm also told I might be getting a new graphics type publishing program, probably nothing fancy but it'll be much nicer than creating everything in Word. GAH.






Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: