Monday, January 07, 2008

Almost blew a gasket

Today a message was left on my answering machine stating the dryer was STILL not in and might not be delivered tomorrow. Folks, I was not happy. Let me preface this by saying that I think today we expect too many things in such a fast time frame because of the availability and immediacy of just about everything and I was more than happy to wait a reasonable amount of time for my new dryer to be delivered. Even after waiting and hearing the people in front of me be told their new dryer would be delivered the very next day. But, mine wasn't in stock in the store. I understood. I was surprised it would be there on Thursday given it wasn't in stock but was assured it would be. Then it wasn't.

The message today almost sent me over the edge. I am normally a reasonable person, but some things will set me off. Air-drying laundry for six people in the winter in the midwest for three weeks is one of those things. As I stood last night hanging and smoothing numerous small people shirts, socks, pants, and underwear and laying them across the drying rack in the best way to dry them as quickly as possible, I thought to myself "This should be the last time I have to do this for a good long while." It made the chore a tad more bearable.

Until the message today.

Instead of calling back right away, I decided to wait. There was still a possibility it could come in on a later shipment today. It would also be good to wait until I was more able to stay calm, especially since the poor guy leaving the message sounded like he was worried about the return call and really had tried all he could.

Thank goodness when I did call back that the dryer had come in! They will be able to deliver it tomorrow. Tomorrow I will either post in giddy happiness after using my brand, spanking, new dryer or be carted off to the nuthouse in a straitjacket mumbling about scratchy towels and impossible wrinkles and that farking drying rack.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: