Sunday, June 03, 2007

Oh My Goodness

I am finally able to post on this blog!

So, the whole switchover to the google thing with blogger had me very intimidated and I kept putting it off thinking oh i'll have to back up my blog (ie. select all and copy and save on my computer) and then transfer everything over (ie. follow the directions and if it doesn't work then I'll need to find that copy I saved and then copy and paste that) and then make any fixes (ie. check to make sure the c&p went well.) and so here we are. Apparently the switchover was actually quite painless and if you only do half of the process blogger helps you out. Thank you, blogger. Aaah.

Finally, after many numerous login attempts so that I could blog previously here I am. Probably the few people I had reading this have totally and completely given up on me, especially because I am not that exciting or a great writer. So, if you are one of those few and are actually still checking to see if I am posting, bless you.

Work is the same, still much of it and I will never, ever, ever be caught up although for the most part I am very good at leaving work at work. Home is incredibly busy and crazy as usual. I have to say that I am so happy to have my children and absolutely in love with our life together. It's pure chaos, in spite of any attempts at organization. And even more so as the children are out of school for the summer, except for the youngest who is still in daycare, although he will be going much less over the summer. Mr. Blue is now going to a night shift, so I work daytime while he is home with the children and he works at night while I am at home with them. As altruistic as it may sound it also saves us a few thousand in childcare fees. (And as a former primary sahm who only worked part time on the off shifts a tad more palatable.) I was a daycare teacher before having my children and very much value the fact that people who love and care about children are there to care for them while parents are working I am also very happy that one of us is able to be with them all the time. In fact, I love it. What I don't love is that we don't see each other really except for brief moments on the switchoff. But, we'll make it work. There's always the weekend, eh? Well except for when one of us needs to go in to work for all that stuff we can't finish on the weekdays. Aaagh. Don't let that fool you, obviously family is first, always.

Yarn. We're here for the yarn, right? I have it, I'm using it, I love it, and I have even less time for it than before (*sob). Current projects-blanket for my sister, another dishcloth, and ponchos for my mother and grandmother for mother's day gifts. We spent a really great Mother's Day-what could be better than spending it with your mother and her mother? We did the winery trip again although this time the men went to golf, with our blessing, as golfers ourselves this is key, and we sat at the park and had fun with the kids while having some wine and snacks. It was a tremendously fun day and I can't wait to finish their ponchos. P.S Poncho really is not an attractive word for what I am making.

Also a note about how big of a day this is, the third child has lost his first tooth! His very first one and he is so excited about that gap in his grin. I love it. And of course I am not the tooth fairy because how would I have been the tooth fairy for myself when I was a kid?!?!

No comments: